Best time to go to Heraklion Average weather of Heraklion, Crete
Find the very best time to visit Heraklion in Greece from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Heraklion?
When is the best time to go to Heraklion? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Heraklion are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- Heraklion has dry periods in May, June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and February
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Heraklion a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Heraklion in january|
|tolerable weather||Heraklion in february|
|good weather||Heraklion in march|
|good weather||Heraklion in april|
|perfect weather||Heraklion in may|
|perfect weather||Heraklion in june|
|perfect weather||Heraklion in july|
|perfect weather||Heraklion in august|
|perfect weather||Heraklion in september|
|perfect weather||Heraklion in october|
|good weather||Heraklion in november|
|good weather||Heraklion in december|
Weather and climate in Heraklion
- From january to february the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 72°F and it rains about 23% of the time in february.
- From march to april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 61°F and it rains about 0.6in each month.
- Between may and september the climate is very good. It is for example 79°F as maximum temperature in september and, in september, 2 days of rain are expected.
- Between october and december the climate is favorable. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 1.8in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Heraklion
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Heraklion: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Crete
Heraklion appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Crete appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.