Best time to go to Drakensberg Average weather of Drakensberg, South Africa
Find the very best time to go to Drakensberg in South Africa from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Drakensberg?
When is the best time to go to Drakensberg? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Drakensberg are March, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, October, November and December
- July is the driest month
- July is the coldest month of the year
- January is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Drakensberg
For full information about the climate and weather in Drakensberg a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||58°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Drakensberg in january|
|February||56°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Drakensberg in february|
|March||52°F/65°F||good weather||Drakensberg in march|
|April||47°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Drakensberg in april|
|May||41°F/56°F||very bad weather||Drakensberg in may|
|June||34°F/50°F||very bad weather||Drakensberg in june|
|July||34°F/50°F||very bad weather||Drakensberg in july|
|August||40°F/56°F||very bad weather||Drakensberg in august|
|September||49°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Drakensberg in september|
|October||52°F/65°F||good weather||Drakensberg in october|
|November||56°F/67°F||good weather||Drakensberg in november|
|December||58°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Drakensberg in december|
Weather and climate in Drakensberg
- From january to april the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains about 3in each month.
- From may to august the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 43°F.
- In the month of september the climate is correct. The temperature rises to 63°F and it rains in september about 1.3in.
- In october the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 65°F and it rains about 23% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 67°F in average and you can expect to have 9.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Drakensberg
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Drakensberg: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.