Best time to go to Durban Average weather of Durban, South Africa
Discover the most favorable time to visit Durban in South Africa from seasonal norms, here.
When is the best time to go to Durban?
When is the best time to go to Durban? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Durban are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, November and December
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, November and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
Annual weather in Durban
For full information about the climate and weather in Durban a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/79°F||good weather||Durban in january|
|February||74°F/81°F||good weather||Durban in february|
|March||72°F/79°F||good weather||Durban in march|
|April||68°F/77°F||good weather||Durban in april|
|May||65°F/76°F||perfect weather||Durban in may|
|June||61°F/74°F||perfect weather||Durban in june|
|July||61°F/72°F||perfect weather||Durban in july|
|August||63°F/74°F||perfect weather||Durban in august|
|September||67°F/74°F||good weather||Durban in september|
|October||68°F/76°F||good weather||Durban in october|
|November||68°F/76°F||tolerable weather||Durban in november|
|December||72°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Durban in december|
Weather and climate in Durban
- From january to april the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains about 16% of the time in april.
- In may the climate is perfect. It is for example 76°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains in may about 2.8in.
- From june to july the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 61°F and you can expect to have 1.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In august the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 74°F.
- Between september and november the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 70°F and it rains about 31% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Durban
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Durban: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Durban
Find out when Durban has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Durban
- Very low season in Durban
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Durban
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, June, September, October and November.
- High season in Durban
The number of visitors to Durban is high in: July and August.
- Peek season in Durban
The largest number of tourists visiting Durban is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Durban month by month
Best time for low prices in Durban
Average prices of hotels in Durban month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Durban. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Durban
On average, it costs $ 60 per day to hire a car in Durban. This price varies by $ 60 depending on the month. In may, hiring a car costs an average of $ 21 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 81.