Best time to go to Durban Average weather of Durban, South Africa
Discover the most favorable time to visit Durban in South Africa from seasonal norms, here.
When is the best time to go to Durban?
When is the best time to go to Durban? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Durban are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April and December
- The rainiest months are January, March and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Durban a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Durban in january|
|good weather||Durban in february|
|good weather||Durban in march|
|good weather||Durban in april|
|perfect weather||Durban in may|
|perfect weather||Durban in june|
|perfect weather||Durban in july|
|perfect weather||Durban in august|
|good weather||Durban in september|
|good weather||Durban in october|
|good weather||Durban in november|
|tolerable weather||Durban in december|
Weather and climate in Durban
- From january to april the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 97°F and it rains about 33% of the time in april.
- In may the climate is perfect. It is for example 79°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains in may about 1.5in.
- From june to july the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and you can expect to have 1.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In august the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 76°F.
- Between september and november the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 70°F and it rains about 50% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 81°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Durban
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Durban: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of South Africa
Durban appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.