When is the best time to go to Durban?
When is the best time to go to Durban? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Durban are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April and December
- The rainiest months are January, March, November and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Durban a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||23°C/29°C||129mm||good weather||Durban in january|
|February||24°C/30°C||108mm||good weather||Durban in february|
|March||23°C/29°C||131mm||good weather||Durban in march|
|April||20°C/27°C||69mm||good weather||Durban in april|
|May||18°C/26°C||60mm||perfect weather||Durban in may|
|June||15°C/25°C||19mm||perfect weather||Durban in june|
|July||15°C/24°C||48mm||perfect weather||Durban in july|
|August||17°C/25°C||49mm||perfect weather||Durban in august|
|September||19°C/25°C||74mm||good weather||Durban in september|
|October||20°C/25°C||115mm||good weather||Durban in october|
|November||18°C/26°C||130mm||good weather||Durban in november|
|December||20°C/28°C||155mm||tolerable weather||Durban in december|
Weather and climate in Durban
- From january to april the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 36°C and it rains about 34% of the time in april.
- In may the climate is perfect. It is for example 26°C as maximum temperature in may and it rains in may about 60mm.
- From june to july the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 15°C and you can expect to have 48mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In august the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 25°C.
- Between september and november the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 21°C and it rains about 57% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 28°C°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Durban
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Durban: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of South Africa
Durban appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.