When is the best time to go to Johannesburg?
When is the best time to go to Johannesburg? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Johannesburg are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, September, October, November and December
- Johannesburg has dry periods in June, July and August
- The coldest months are June and July
- The rainiest months are January and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Johannesburg a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||21°C/29°C||205mm||tolerable weather||Johannesburg in january|
|February||21°C/29°C||123mm||tolerable weather||Johannesburg in february|
|March||20°C/27°C||104mm||good weather||Johannesburg in march|
|April||17°C/24°C||57mm||good weather||Johannesburg in april|
|May||15°C/22°C||16mm||good weather||Johannesburg in may|
|June||10°C/19°C||9mm||good weather||Johannesburg in june|
|July||10°C/19°C||6mm||good weather||Johannesburg in july|
|August||14°C/23°C||5mm||good weather||Johannesburg in august|
|September||18°C/27°C||16mm||perfect weather||Johannesburg in september|
|October||20°C/28°C||103mm||good weather||Johannesburg in october|
|November||21°C/28°C||129mm||good weather||Johannesburg in november|
|December||22°C/29°C||170mm||tolerable weather||Johannesburg in december|
Weather and climate in Johannesburg
- Between the months of january and february the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 29°C and, in february, 18 days of rain are expected.
- From march to august the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 33°C and it rains about 4% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 35°C and it rains about 11% of the time in september.
- Between october and november the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 37°C and it rains in november about 129mm.
- In december the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 28°C in average and you can expect to have 170mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Johannesburg
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Johannesburg: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of South Africa
Johannesburg appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.