Best time to go to Johannesburg Average weather of Johannesburg, South Africa
Find the most favorable time to go to Johannesburg in South Africa from average weather conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Johannesburg?
When is the best time to go to Johannesburg? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Johannesburg are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, September, October, November and December
- Johannesburg has dry periods in May, June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are June and July
- The rainiest months are January, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Johannesburg a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Johannesburg in january|
|good weather||Johannesburg in february|
|good weather||Johannesburg in march|
|perfect weather||Johannesburg in april|
|perfect weather||Johannesburg in may|
|good weather||Johannesburg in june|
|good weather||Johannesburg in july|
|perfect weather||Johannesburg in august|
|perfect weather||Johannesburg in september|
|perfect weather||Johannesburg in october|
|good weather||Johannesburg in november|
|tolerable weather||Johannesburg in december|
Weather and climate in Johannesburg
- Between the months of january and february the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 83°F and, in february, 12 days of rain are expected.
- From march to august the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 86°F and it rains about 2% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 94°F and it rains about 6% of the time in september.
- Between october and november the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 95°F and it rains in november about 3.3in.
- In december the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and you can expect to have 3.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Johannesburg
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Johannesburg: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of South Africa
Johannesburg appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.