Best time to go to Johannesburg Average weather of Johannesburg, South Africa
Find the most favorable time to go to Johannesburg in South Africa from average weather conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Johannesburg?
When is the best time to go to Johannesburg? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Johannesburg are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, September, October, November and December
- Johannesburg has dry periods in June, July and August
- The coldest months are June and July
- The rainiest months are January and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Johannesburg a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Johannesburg in january|
|tolerable weather||Johannesburg in february|
|good weather||Johannesburg in march|
|good weather||Johannesburg in april|
|good weather||Johannesburg in may|
|good weather||Johannesburg in june|
|good weather||Johannesburg in july|
|good weather||Johannesburg in august|
|perfect weather||Johannesburg in september|
|good weather||Johannesburg in october|
|good weather||Johannesburg in november|
|tolerable weather||Johannesburg in december|
Weather and climate in Johannesburg
- Between the months of january and february the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 29°C and, in february, 18 days of rain are expected.
- From march to august the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 33°C and it rains about 4% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 35°C and it rains about 11% of the time in september.
- Between october and november the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 37°C and it rains in november about 129mm.
- In december the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 28°C in average and you can expect to have 170mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Tours and organised trips in South Africa
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Johannesburg
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Johannesburg: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of South Africa
Johannesburg appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in South Africa
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved