Best time to go to Sihanoukville Average weather of Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Find the most favorable time to go to Sihanoukville in Cambodia from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Sihanoukville?
When is the best time to go to Sihanoukville? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Sihanoukville are January, February, March and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are June, July, August and September
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Sihanoukville
For full information about the climate and weather in Sihanoukville a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/85°F||good weather||Sihanoukville in january|
|February||79°F/85°F||perfect weather||Sihanoukville in february|
|March||83°F/86°F||good weather||Sihanoukville in march|
|April||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Sihanoukville in april|
|May||86°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Sihanoukville in may|
|June||85°F/86°F||very bad weather||Sihanoukville in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Sihanoukville in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Sihanoukville in august|
|September||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Sihanoukville in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Sihanoukville in october|
|November||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Sihanoukville in november|
|December||79°F/86°F||good weather||Sihanoukville in december|
Weather and climate in Sihanoukville
- Between the months of january and february the climate is good. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in february and it rains about 11% of the time in february.
- Between march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains in april about 8.7in.
- In the month of may the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 86°F and it rains in may about 16.1in.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and you can expect to have 33.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of october the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 90°F and you can expect to have 22.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From november to december the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains in december about 5.4in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Sihanoukville
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Sihanoukville: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Sihanoukville
Find out when Sihanoukville has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Sihanoukville
- Very low season in Sihanoukville
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June, July and September.
- Low season in Sihanoukville
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, August, October and November.
- High season in Sihanoukville
The number of visitors to Sihanoukville is high in: January.
- Peek season in Sihanoukville
The largest number of tourists visiting Sihanoukville is during: February and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Sihanoukville month by month
Best time for low prices in Sihanoukville
Average prices of hotels in Sihanoukville month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Sihanoukville. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, March is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Sihanoukville
On average, it costs $ 39 per day to hire a car in Sihanoukville. This price varies by $ 45 depending on the month. In october, hiring a car costs an average of $ 22 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in may is $ 66.