Best time to go to Invercargill Average weather of Invercargill, New Zealand
Discover the very best time to go to Invercargill in New Zealand from average weather conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Invercargill?
When is the best time to go to Invercargill? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Invercargill are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July, August and September
- The rainiest months are January, May, September, October and November
Annual weather in Invercargill
For full information about the climate and weather in Invercargill a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||52°F/65°F||good weather||Invercargill in january|
|February||52°F/65°F||good weather||Invercargill in february|
|March||52°F/63°F||good weather||Invercargill in march|
|April||50°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Invercargill in april|
|May||47°F/54°F||bad weather||Invercargill in may|
|June||45°F/50°F||bad weather||Invercargill in june|
|July||43°F/50°F||bad weather||Invercargill in july|
|August||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Invercargill in august|
|September||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Invercargill in september|
|October||45°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Invercargill in october|
|November||49°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Invercargill in november|
|December||52°F/63°F||good weather||Invercargill in december|
Weather and climate in Invercargill
- In january the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 65°F°C.
- In the month of february the climate is favorable. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in february and it rains about 5.4in each month.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 59°F°C and it rains about 5.3in each month.
- From may to september the climate is not good. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in september.
- From october to december the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 63°F and it rains about 5.4in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Invercargill
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Invercargill: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Invercargill
Find out when Invercargill has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Invercargill
- Very low season in Invercargill
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Invercargill
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, October and November.
- High season in Invercargill
The number of visitors to Invercargill is high in: January and March.
- Peak season in Invercargill
The largest number of tourists visiting Invercargill is during: February and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Invercargill month by month
Best time for low prices in Invercargill
Average prices of hotels in Invercargill month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Invercargill. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price of hiring a car in Invercargill
On average, it costs $ 35 per day to hire a car in Invercargill. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In may, hiring a car costs an average of $ 29 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 40.