Best time to go to Wanaka Average weather of Wanaka, New Zealand
Discover the most favorable time to go to Wanaka in New Zealand from seasonal norms, right here.
When is the best time to go to Wanaka?
When is the best time to go to Wanaka? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Wanaka are February and March
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, April, May, July, September, October and December
Annual weather in Wanaka
For full information about the climate and weather in Wanaka a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F/58°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in january|
|February||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Wanaka in february|
|March||45°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Wanaka in march|
|April||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Wanaka in april|
|May||40°F/50°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in may|
|June||36°F/45°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in june|
|July||32°F/43°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in july|
|August||32°F/45°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in august|
|September||36°F/49°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in september|
|October||38°F/50°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in october|
|November||41°F/54°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in november|
|December||41°F/56°F||very bad weather||Wanaka in december|
Weather and climate in Wanaka
- Between the months of january and march the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 49°F and it rains about 4.7in each month.
- In the month of april the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 54°F°C and it rains about 27% of the time in april.
- From may to october the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 50°F.
- In the month of november the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 79°F and it rains about 6in each month.
- In december the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 41°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Wanaka
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Wanaka: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Wanaka
Find out when Wanaka has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Wanaka
- Very low season in Wanaka
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July and September.
- Low season in Wanaka
The months with low numbers of tourists are: August, October and November.
- High season in Wanaka
The number of visitors to Wanaka is high in: January, April and December.
- Peek season in Wanaka
The largest number of tourists visiting Wanaka is during: February and March.
Figure: Visitor index for Wanaka month by month
Best time for low prices in Wanaka
Average prices of hotels in Wanaka month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Wanaka. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.