Best time to go to Oman for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the most favorable time to visit Oman from average weather conditions in many locations like Buraini or Sohar, below.
When is the best time to go to Oman?
When is the best time to go to Oman? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Oman, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- The best months to go to Muscat are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Muscat are May, June, July, August and September
- The cities with the best climate are Salalah, Masirah and Nizwa, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Muscat are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Oman
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Oman for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F to 81°F||perfect weather*|
|February||59°F to 83°F||perfect weather|
|March||67°F to 88°F||perfect weather|
|April||77°F to 97°F||perfect weather|
|May||81°F to 106°F||good weather*|
|June||83°F to 112°F||tolerable weather*|
|July||79°F to 113°F||tolerable weather*|
|August||77°F to 112°F||good weather*|
|September||76°F to 106°F||good weather*|
|October||76°F to 99°F||good weather*|
|November||67°F to 88°F||perfect weather|
|December||59°F to 83°F||perfect weather|
Best time to travel to Oman by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Oman
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Oman and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Muscat, Salalah, Buraini, Khasab and Masirah, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Oman
Find out when Oman has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Oman
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November. The number of visitors to Oman is high in: December.
- Very low season in Oman: May and June.
- Low season in Oman: January, February, March, April, July, August, September, October and November.
- Peek season in Oman: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Oman month by month
Average price for flights to Oman
A return flight between London and Muscat is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 504 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 284 more for your airline ticket to Muscat if you go in august.
Where to go in Oman?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
What can I do in Oman?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping