Best time to go to Muscat Average weather of Muscat, Oman
Discover the most favorable time to go to Muscat in Oman from average climate conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Muscat?
When is the best time to go to Muscat? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Muscat are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August and September
- Muscat has dry periods in February, March, April, May, July, August, September, October and December
- The best months for swimming are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Muscat
For full information about the climate and weather in Muscat a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||67°F/76°F||perfect weather||Muscat in january|
|February||68°F/79°F||perfect weather||Muscat in february|
|March||76°F/85°F||perfect weather||Muscat in march|
|April||83°F/92°F||perfect weather||Muscat in april|
|May||90°F/99°F||good weather||Muscat in may|
|June||92°F/101°F||tolerable weather||Muscat in june|
|July||92°F/99°F||tolerable weather||Muscat in july|
|August||90°F/97°F||tolerable weather||Muscat in august|
|September||86°F/95°F||good weather||Muscat in september|
|October||83°F/94°F||good weather||Muscat in october|
|November||76°F/85°F||perfect weather||Muscat in november|
|December||68°F/79°F||perfect weather||Muscat in december|
Weather and climate in Muscat
- Between the months of january and april the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 0.4in each month.
- In the month of may the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 99°F°C and, in may, 0 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of june the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 101°F and it rains about 1% of the time in june.
- In july the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 99°F and it rains in july about 0.1in.
- In august the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 90°F and it rains about 1% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 86°F.
- In october the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 94°F°C.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is perfect. the thermometer goes up to 79°F°C and it rains about 0.4in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Muscat
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Muscat: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Muscat
Find out when Muscat has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Muscat
- Very low season in Muscat
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June and July.
- Low season in Muscat
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, August, September, October and November.
- Peak season in Muscat
The largest number of tourists visiting Muscat is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Muscat month by month
Best time for low prices in Muscat
Average prices of hotels in Muscat month by month
Generally, May is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Muscat. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price for flights to Muscat
A return flight between London and Muscat is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 494 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 311 more for your airline ticket to Muscat if you go in august.
Find the best price for your flight
Average price of hiring a car in Muscat
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Muscat. This price varies by $ 3.6 depending on the month. In march, hiring a car costs an average of $ 14 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 17.