Best time to go to Iran for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the perfect time to visit Iran from seasonal averages in many locations like Qeshm Island or Kish island on this page.
When is the best time to go to Iran?
When is the best time to go to Iran? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Iran, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Tehran are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Tehran are June, July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are March, April, May and November
- The cities with the best climate are Chabahar, Rasht, Amol, Assalouyeh, Golestan National Park, Masouleh, Mount Damavand, Tochal, Bandar-e Ganaveh and Jahrom, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Qeshm Island are May, June, July, August, September, October and November
Where and when to go based on the weather?
Tehran, Shiraz, Esfahan...
East of Iran
Meched (Mashhad), Zahedan, Sabzevar...
Tabriz, Zanjan, Miandoab...
Northern Iran (Caspian Sea)
Gorgan, Rasht, Ramsar...
Persian Gulf Region of Iran
Qeshm Island, Bouchehr, Chabahar...
West of Iran
Ahvaz, Ilam, Sanandij...
To get all the information about the climate and weather in Iran for a specific month, click on the corresponding link below:
Best time to travel to Iran by cities
See full list of cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Iran
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Iran and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Tehran, Meched (Mashhad), Qeshm Island, Shiraz and Ahvaz, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Iran
Find out when Iran has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Iran
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June, September and November. The number of visitors to Iran is high in: April, July, August, October and December.
- Very low season in Iran: January, February, May and November.
- Low season in Iran: March, June and September.
- High season in Iran: July and October.
- Peak season in Iran: April, August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Iran month by month
Average price for flights to Iran
A return flight between London and Tehran is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 325 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 294 more for your airline ticket to Tehran if you go in august.
Where to go in Iran?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Iran?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping