Best time to go to Salalah Average weather of Salalah, Oman
Get the perfect time to visit Salalah in Oman from seasonal averages here.
When is the best time to go to Salalah?
When is the best time to go to Salalah? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Salalah
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, September, October and November
- Salalah has dry periods in January, February, March, April, June, September, October, November and December
- May is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are March, April, May, June, October, November and December
Annual weather in Salalah
For full information about the climate and weather in Salalah a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||63°F/81°F||perfect weather||Salalah in january|
|February||65°F/83°F||perfect weather||Salalah in february|
|March||70°F/86°F||perfect weather||Salalah in march|
|April||77°F/90°F||perfect weather||Salalah in april|
|May||81°F/94°F||good weather||Salalah in may|
|June||83°F/94°F||good weather||Salalah in june|
|July||79°F/86°F||good weather||Salalah in july|
|August||77°F/86°F||good weather||Salalah in august|
|September||76°F/88°F||perfect weather||Salalah in september|
|October||76°F/90°F||perfect weather||Salalah in october|
|November||72°F/88°F||perfect weather||Salalah in november|
|December||67°F/83°F||perfect weather||Salalah in december|
Weather and climate in Salalah
- Between the months of january and march the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 86°F and it rains in march about 0.1in.
- Between april and may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 81°F and it rains in may about 2.6in.
- In june the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average and, in june, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of july and september the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 0.2in each month.
- From october to december the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 90°F and you can expect to have 0.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Salalah
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Salalah: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Salalah
Find out when Salalah has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Salalah
- Very low season in Salalah
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Salalah
The months with low numbers of tourists are: December.
- High season in Salalah
The number of visitors to Salalah is high in: July and September.
- Peak season in Salalah
The largest number of tourists visiting Salalah is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Salalah month by month
Best time for low prices in Salalah
Average prices of hotels in Salalah month by month
Generally, May is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Salalah. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Salalah
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Salalah. This price varies by $ 3.3 depending on the month. In october, hiring a car costs an average of $ 14 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 17.