Best time to go to Bulgaria for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the perfect time to go to Bulgaria from seasonal norms in many locations like Slantchev Briag (Sunny Beach) or Albena here.
When is the best time to go to Bulgaria?
When is the best time to go to Bulgaria? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Bulgaria, the weather is good everywhere in May, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Sofia are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Sofia are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are May and June
- The cities with the best climate are Sofia, Burgas, Montana, Plovdiv, Ardino, Etara, Haskovo, Pazardjik, Pliska and Pomorie, with good weather at least 7 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Burgas are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Bulgaria
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Bulgaria for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|February||25°F to 50°F||very bad weather|
|March||32°F to 58°F||very bad weather*|
|April||43°F to 67°F||good weather*|
|May||52°F to 77°F||good weather|
|June||58°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|July||61°F to 90°F||perfect weather*|
|August||61°F to 92°F||perfect weather*|
|September||54°F to 83°F||perfect weather*|
|October||45°F to 68°F||good weather*|
|November||36°F to 59°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||27°F to 50°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Bulgaria by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Bulgaria
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Bulgaria and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Sofia, Burgas, Montana, Plovdiv and Slantchev Briag (Sunny Beach), as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Bulgaria
Find out when Bulgaria has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Bulgaria
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Bulgaria is high in: June, July, August and September.
- Very low season in Bulgaria: January, February and November.
- Low season in Bulgaria: March, April, May, October and December.
- High season in Bulgaria: June and September.
- Peek season in Bulgaria: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Bulgaria month by month
Average price for flights to Bulgaria
A return flight between London and Sofia is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 59 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 112 more for your airline ticket to Sofia if you go in august.
Where to go in Bulgaria?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Slantchev Briag (Sunny Beach)||45°F||49°F||52°F||59°F||68°F||77°F||83°F||85°F||77°F||67°F||58°F||49°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Bulgaria?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping