Best time to go to Okinawa Average weather of Okinawa, Japan
Find the perfect time to go to Naha (Okinawa) in Japan from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Okinawa?
When is the best time to go to Okinawa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Okinawa are March, April, September and November
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- June is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Okinawa
For full information about the climate and weather in Okinawa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||65°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in january|
|February||65°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in february|
|March||67°F/70°F||good weather||Okinawa in march|
|April||70°F/74°F||good weather||Okinawa in april|
|May||76°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in may|
|June||81°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in july|
|August||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in august|
|September||83°F/85°F||good weather||Okinawa in september|
|October||79°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in october|
|November||74°F/76°F||good weather||Okinawa in november|
|December||67°F/70°F||tolerable weather||Okinawa in december|
Weather and climate in Okinawa
- From january to february the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 67°F in average and it rains about 25% of the time in february.
- Between march and april the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 72°F.
- In may the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 85°F and you can expect to have 13.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From june to august the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 92°F and, in august, 11 days of rain are expected.
- From september to october the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F and, in october, 9 days of rain are expected.
- In november the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 83°F.
- In the month of december the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 68°F and it rains about 24% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Okinawa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Okinawa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Okinawa
Find out when Okinawa has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Okinawa
- Very low season in Okinawa
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and May.
- Low season in Okinawa
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, June and November.
- High season in Okinawa
The number of visitors to Okinawa is high in: July, October and December.
- Peek season in Okinawa
The largest number of tourists visiting Okinawa is during: August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Okinawa month by month
Best time for low prices in Okinawa
Average prices of hotels in Okinawa month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Okinawa. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.