Best time to go to Shanghai Average weather of Shanghai, China
Find the perfect time to visit Shanghai in China from seasonal averages on this page.
When is the best time to go to Shanghai?
When is the best time to go to Shanghai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Shanghai are April, May, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June and July
- The best months for swimming are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Shanghai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Shanghai in january|
|bad weather||Shanghai in february|
|tolerable weather||Shanghai in march|
|good weather||Shanghai in april|
|good weather||Shanghai in may|
|tolerable weather||Shanghai in june|
|tolerable weather||Shanghai in july|
|good weather||Shanghai in august|
|good weather||Shanghai in september|
|good weather||Shanghai in october|
|good weather||Shanghai in november|
|bad weather||Shanghai in december|
Weather and climate in Shanghai
- In january the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 49°F and you can expect to have 1.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of february the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F and it rains in february about 1.9in.
- In the month of march the climate is okay. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in march.
- Between april and june the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 76°F and you can expect to have 5.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of july and august the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains in august about 4in.
- In the month of september the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and it rains about 4in each month.
- In october the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 67°F and it rains about 1.4in each month.
- In the month of november the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 65°F°C and, in november, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 47°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Shanghai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Shanghai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of China
Shanghai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in China appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.