Best time to go to Yakushima Average weather of Yakushima, Japan
Find the very best time to visit Yakushima in Japan from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Yakushima?
When is the best time to go to Yakushima? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Yakushima are March, April, May, August, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and February
- June is the rainiest month
For full information about the climate and weather in Yakushima a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Yakushima in january|
|tolerable weather||Yakushima in february|
|good weather||Yakushima in march|
|good weather||Yakushima in april|
|good weather||Yakushima in may|
|tolerable weather||Yakushima in june|
|tolerable weather||Yakushima in july|
|good weather||Yakushima in august|
|tolerable weather||Yakushima in september|
|good weather||Yakushima in october|
|good weather||Yakushima in november|
|tolerable weather||Yakushima in december|
Weather and climate in Yakushima
- From january to february the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 61°F and it rains about 3.8in each month.
- From march to may the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 81°F and it rains about 4.4in each month.
- In june the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 85°F and it rains in june about 11.1in.
- Between july and december the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 61°F and it rains in december about 3in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Yakushima
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Yakushima: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Japan
Yakushima appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.