Best time to go to Pokhara Average weather of Pokhara, Nepal
Get the most favorable time to go to Pokhara in Nepal from average climate conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Pokhara?
When is the best time to go to Pokhara? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Pokhara are March, April, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- July is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Pokhara
For full information about the climate and weather in Pokhara a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F/54°F||very bad weather||Pokhara in january|
|February||49°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Pokhara in february|
|March||58°F/67°F||good weather||Pokhara in march|
|April||65°F/74°F||good weather||Pokhara in april|
|May||68°F/76°F||tolerable weather||Pokhara in may|
|June||70°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Pokhara in june|
|July||68°F/74°F||very bad weather||Pokhara in july|
|August||68°F/74°F||very bad weather||Pokhara in august|
|September||67°F/72°F||tolerable weather||Pokhara in september|
|October||58°F/68°F||good weather||Pokhara in october|
|November||50°F/63°F||good weather||Pokhara in november|
|December||45°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Pokhara in december|
Weather and climate in Pokhara
- In the month of january the climate is not good. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in january.
- In the month of february the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 50°F.
- Between march and may the climate is favorable. It is for example 76°F as maximum temperature in may.
- In the month of june the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C and it rains in june about 14.3in.
- In the month of july the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 74°F as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 76% of the time in july.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 72°F and it rains about 44% of the time in september.
- In october the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 68°F°C and it rains about 2.8in each month.
- In november the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 63°F and it rains in november about 0.5in.
- In december the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 43°F and it rains in december about 0.5in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Pokhara
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Pokhara: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Pokhara
Find out when Pokhara has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Pokhara
- Very low season in Pokhara
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June, July and August.
- Low season in Pokhara
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, May, September and November.
- High season in Pokhara
The number of visitors to Pokhara is high in: February, March, October and December.
- Peek season in Pokhara
The largest number of tourists visiting Pokhara is during: April.
Figure: Visitor index for Pokhara month by month
Best time for low prices in Pokhara
Average prices of hotels in Pokhara month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Pokhara. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.