Best time to go to Bhutan for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the most favorable time to go to Bhutan from average climate conditions in many locations like Phuentsholing or Punakha here.
When is the best time to go to Bhutan?
When is the best time to go to Bhutan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In May, the weather is good across more than 54% of the territory of Bhutan
- The best month to go to Thimphu regarding the weather is May
- On average, the warmest months in Thimphu are June, July, August and September, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are July and August
- Phuentsholing is the city with the best climate, with good weather 7 months a year
Annual weather in Bhutan
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Bhutan for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||31°F to 79°F||very bad weather*|
|February||32°F to 86°F||very bad weather*|
|March||38°F to 94°F||very bad weather*|
|April||43°F to 95°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||50°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|June||56°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|July||56°F to 92°F||bad weather*|
|August||56°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|September||52°F to 92°F||tolerable weather|
|October||45°F to 90°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||40°F to 86°F||very bad weather*|
|December||34°F to 81°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Bhutan by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Bhutan
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Bhutan and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Thimphu, Geylegphug, Paro, Phuentsholing and Punakha.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Bhutan
Find out when Bhutan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Bhutan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September. The number of visitors to Bhutan is high in: October, November and December.
- Very low season in Bhutan: January, February, June, July and August.
- Low season in Bhutan: March, April, May and September.
- High season in Bhutan: October and November.
- Peek season in Bhutan: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Bhutan month by month
Average price for flights to Bhutan
A return flight between London and Paro is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 1469 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 318 more for your airline ticket to Paro if you go in july.
Where to go in Bhutan?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Bhutan?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping