Best time to go to Madurai Average weather of Madurai, India
Discover the best time to visit Madurai in India from seasonal averages, here.
When is the best time to go to Madurai?
When is the best time to go to Madurai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Madurai are January, February, March, June, July, August, September, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Madurai
For full information about the climate and weather in Madurai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/88°F||perfect weather||Madurai in january|
|February||79°F/94°F||perfect weather||Madurai in february|
|March||85°F/99°F||good weather||Madurai in march|
|April||90°F/101°F||tolerable weather||Madurai in april|
|May||90°F/103°F||tolerable weather||Madurai in may|
|June||88°F/99°F||good weather||Madurai in june|
|July||86°F/97°F||good weather||Madurai in july|
|August||86°F/97°F||good weather||Madurai in august|
|September||86°F/97°F||good weather||Madurai in september|
|October||85°F/94°F||tolerable weather||Madurai in october|
|November||79°F/88°F||good weather||Madurai in november|
|December||77°F/86°F||good weather||Madurai in december|
Weather and climate in Madurai
- From january to february the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 104°F.
- In the month of march the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 97°F in average and it rains about 11% of the time in march.
- From april to may the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 103°F and it rains in may about 4.2in.
- From june to september the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 86°F.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and you can expect to have 8.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is beautiful. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 2.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Madurai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Madurai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Madurai
Find out when Madurai has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Madurai
- Very low season in Madurai
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, May, June, July and September.
- Low season in Madurai
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, August, October and November.
- Peak season in Madurai
The largest number of tourists visiting Madurai is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Madurai month by month
Best time for low prices in Madurai
Average prices of hotels in Madurai month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Madurai. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.