Best time to go to Pondicherry Average weather of Pondicherry, India
Get the best time to go to Puducherry in India from seasonal averages, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Pondicherry?
When is the best time to go to Pondicherry? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Pondicherry are January, February, March, April, June, July and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Pondicherry a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/83°F||perfect weather||Pondicherry in january|
|February||79°F/85°F||perfect weather||Pondicherry in february|
|March||83°F/88°F||perfect weather||Pondicherry in march|
|April||86°F/92°F||good weather||Pondicherry in april|
|May||88°F/95°F||tolerable weather||Pondicherry in may|
|June||88°F/94°F||good weather||Pondicherry in june|
|July||86°F/92°F||good weather||Pondicherry in july|
|August||85°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Pondicherry in august|
|September||85°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Pondicherry in september|
|October||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Pondicherry in october|
|November||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Pondicherry in november|
|December||79°F/83°F||good weather||Pondicherry in december|
Weather and climate in Pondicherry
- In january the climate is perfect. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in january and you can expect to have 1.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In february the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F and it rains in february about 0.7in.
- In march the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average.
- In april the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 92°F°C.
- In may the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 95°F as maximum temperature in may.
- From june to october the climate is bad. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in october.
- In the month of november the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C.
- In the month of december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 92°F and, in december, 8 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Pondicherry
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Pondicherry: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.