Best time to go to Pondicherry Average weather of Pondicherry, India
Get the best time to go to Puducherry in India from seasonal averages, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Pondicherry?
When is the best time to go to Pondicherry? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Pondicherry are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- February is the driest month
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Pondicherry a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Pondicherry in january|
|perfect weather||Pondicherry in february|
|good weather||Pondicherry in march|
|bad weather||Pondicherry in april|
|bad weather||Pondicherry in may|
|bad weather||Pondicherry in june|
|bad weather||Pondicherry in july|
|bad weather||Pondicherry in august|
|bad weather||Pondicherry in september|
|tolerable weather||Pondicherry in october|
|tolerable weather||Pondicherry in november|
|good weather||Pondicherry in december|
Weather and climate in Pondicherry
- In january the climate is perfect. It is for example 30°C as maximum temperature in january and you can expect to have 27mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In february the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 29°C and it rains in february about 9mm.
- In march the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 33°C in average.
- In april the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 36°C°C.
- In may the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 37°C as maximum temperature in may.
- From june to october the climate is bad. It is for example 34°C as maximum temperature in october.
- In the month of november the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 32°C°C.
- In the month of december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 35°C and, in december, 12 days of rain are expected.
Tours and organised trips in India
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Pondicherry
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Pondicherry: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of India
Pondicherry appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in India appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in India
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved