Best time to go to Munnar Average weather of Munnar, Kerala
Discover the perfect time to go to Munnar in Kerala from seasonal averages, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Munnar?
When is the best time to go to Munnar? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Munnar are January, February, March, June, July, September and December
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April and May
- October is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Munnar
For full information about the climate and weather in Munnar a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/85°F||perfect weather||Munnar in january|
|February||76°F/90°F||perfect weather||Munnar in february|
|March||81°F/94°F||good weather||Munnar in march|
|April||85°F/95°F||tolerable weather||Munnar in april|
|May||85°F/94°F||tolerable weather||Munnar in may|
|June||81°F/88°F||good weather||Munnar in june|
|July||79°F/88°F||good weather||Munnar in july|
|August||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Munnar in august|
|September||79°F/88°F||good weather||Munnar in september|
|October||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Munnar in october|
|November||76°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Munnar in november|
|December||76°F/83°F||good weather||Munnar in december|
Weather and climate in Munnar
- Between the months of january and february the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 90°F and it rains in february about 1.4in.
- In the month of march the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 81°F and you can expect to have 3.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In april the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 85°F and it rains in april about 7.4in.
- In may the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 94°F°C and, in may, 19 days of rain are expected.
- Between june and november the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and you can expect to have 10.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 83°F and it rains about 17% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Munnar
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Munnar: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Munnar
Find out when Munnar has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Munnar
- Very low season in Munnar
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, June and July.
- Low season in Munnar
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, May, August, September, October and November.
- Peak season in Munnar
The largest number of tourists visiting Munnar is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Munnar month by month
Best time for low prices in Munnar
Average prices of hotels in Munnar month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Munnar. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.