Best time to go to Jaffna Average weather of Jaffna, Sri Lanka
Find the most favorable time to go to Jaffna in Sri Lanka from average weather conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Jaffna?
When is the best time to go to Jaffna? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Jaffna are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are November and December
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Jaffna a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Jaffna in january|
|good weather||Jaffna in february|
|good weather||Jaffna in march|
|bad weather||Jaffna in april|
|bad weather||Jaffna in may|
|tolerable weather||Jaffna in june|
|tolerable weather||Jaffna in july|
|tolerable weather||Jaffna in august|
|tolerable weather||Jaffna in september|
|tolerable weather||Jaffna in october|
|tolerable weather||Jaffna in november|
|tolerable weather||Jaffna in december|
Weather and climate in Jaffna
- From january to february the climate is good. The temperature rises to 30°C and it rains about 13% of the time in february.
- In march the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 32°C in average and it rains about 15% of the time in march.
- Between april and june the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 32°C.
- Between the months of july and november the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 32°C as maximum temperature in november and, in november, 21 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 27°C and it rains about 57% of the time in december.
Tours and organised trips in Sri Lanka
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Jaffna
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Jaffna: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Jaffna appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Sri Lanka
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved