When is the best time to go to Jaffna?
When is the best time to go to Jaffna? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Jaffna are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are November and December
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Jaffna a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||27°C/30°C||86mm||good weather||Jaffna in january|
|February||28°C/30°C||41mm||good weather||Jaffna in february|
|March||29°C/33°C||37mm||good weather||Jaffna in march|
|April||30°C/34°C||61mm||bad weather||Jaffna in april|
|May||31°C/34°C||68mm||bad weather||Jaffna in may|
|June||30°C/33°C||48mm||tolerable weather||Jaffna in june|
|July||30°C/33°C||53mm||tolerable weather||Jaffna in july|
|August||30°C/32°C||121mm||tolerable weather||Jaffna in august|
|September||29°C/32°C||155mm||tolerable weather||Jaffna in september|
|October||30°C/33°C||289mm||tolerable weather||Jaffna in october|
|November||29°C/32°C||403mm||tolerable weather||Jaffna in november|
|December||28°C/30°C||347mm||tolerable weather||Jaffna in december|
Weather and climate in Jaffna
- From january to february the climate is good. The temperature rises to 30°C and it rains about 13% of the time in february.
- In march the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 32°C in average and it rains about 15% of the time in march.
- Between april and june the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 32°C.
- Between the months of july and november the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 32°C as maximum temperature in november and, in november, 21 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 27°C and it rains about 57% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Jaffna
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Jaffna: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Jaffna appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.