Best time to go to Jaffna Average weather of Jaffna, Sri Lanka
Find the most favorable time to go to Jaffna in Sri Lanka from average weather conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Jaffna?
When is the best time to go to Jaffna? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Jaffna are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Jaffna
For full information about the climate and weather in Jaffna a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/81°F||perfect weather||Jaffna in january|
|February||81°F/83°F||perfect weather||Jaffna in february|
|March||83°F/86°F||perfect weather||Jaffna in march|
|April||85°F/88°F||good weather||Jaffna in april|
|May||86°F/88°F||good weather||Jaffna in may|
|June||85°F/86°F||good weather||Jaffna in june|
|July||85°F/86°F||perfect weather||Jaffna in july|
|August||83°F/85°F||good weather||Jaffna in august|
|September||83°F/85°F||good weather||Jaffna in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Jaffna in october|
|November||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Jaffna in november|
|December||81°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Jaffna in december|
Weather and climate in Jaffna
- From january to february the climate is good. The temperature rises to 83°F and it rains about 7% of the time in february.
- In march the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average and it rains about 6% of the time in march.
- Between april and june the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 86°F.
- Between the months of july and november the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in november and, in november, 17 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 81°F and it rains about 39% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Jaffna
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Jaffna: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Jaffna
Find out when Jaffna has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Jaffna
- Very low season in Jaffna
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February, March, April, June, October and November.
- Low season in Jaffna
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May and September.
- High season in Jaffna
The number of visitors to Jaffna is high in: January and July.
- Peek season in Jaffna
The largest number of tourists visiting Jaffna is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Jaffna month by month
Best time for low prices in Jaffna
Average prices of hotels in Jaffna month by month
Generally, March is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Jaffna. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.