Best time to go to Richards Bay Average weather of Richards Bay, South Africa
Get the best time to visit Richards Bay in South Africa from average weather conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Richards Bay?
When is the best time to go to Richards Bay? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Richards Bay
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and December
- The rainiest months are January, March and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Richards Bay a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Richards Bay in january|
|good weather||Richards Bay in february|
|good weather||Richards Bay in march|
|good weather||Richards Bay in april|
|good weather||Richards Bay in may|
|perfect weather||Richards Bay in june|
|perfect weather||Richards Bay in july|
|perfect weather||Richards Bay in august|
|good weather||Richards Bay in september|
|good weather||Richards Bay in october|
|good weather||Richards Bay in november|
|good weather||Richards Bay in december|
Weather and climate in Richards Bay
- From january to may the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 72°F and it rains about 2.5in each month.
- In june the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 65°F and, in june, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of july the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 68°F and it rains about 1.9in each month.
- In the month of august the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 76°F.
- From september to december the climate is good. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 55% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Richards Bay
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Richards Bay: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of South Africa
Richards Bay appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.