Best time to go to Maputo Average weather of Maputo, Mozambique
Find the best time to go to Maputo in Mozambique from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Maputo?
When is the best time to go to Maputo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Maputo
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are January and February
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March and April
Annual weather in Maputo
For full information about the climate and weather in Maputo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Maputo in january
|Maputo in february
|Maputo in march
|Maputo in april
|Maputo in may
|Maputo in june
|Maputo in july
|Maputo in august
|Maputo in september
|Maputo in october
|Maputo in november
|Maputo in december
Weather and climate in Maputo
- Between january and april the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 103°F and you can expect to have 2.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to september the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 74°F and it rains in september about 1in.
- Between october and december the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 110°F and it rains in december about 4.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Maputo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Maputo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Maputo
Find out when Maputo has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Maputo
- Very low season in Maputo
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Maputo
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May and June.
- High season in Maputo
The number of visitors to Maputo is high in: July, August, October and November.
- Peak season in Maputo
The largest number of tourists visiting Maputo is during: September and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Maputo month by month
Best time for low prices in Maputo
Average prices of hotels in Maputo month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Maputo. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Maputo
A return flight between London and Maputo is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 763 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 345 more for your airline ticket to Maputo if you go in august.