When is the best time to go to Pretoria?
When is the best time to go to Pretoria? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Pretoria are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, September, October, November and December
- Pretoria has dry periods in June, July and August
- The coldest months are June and July
- The rainiest months are January and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Pretoria a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°C/30°C||198mm||tolerable weather||Pretoria in january|
|February||22°C/30°C||120mm||good weather||Pretoria in february|
|March||21°C/29°C||94mm||good weather||Pretoria in march|
|April||18°C/25°C||56mm||perfect weather||Pretoria in april|
|May||16°C/23°C||12mm||good weather||Pretoria in may|
|June||11°C/20°C||8mm||good weather||Pretoria in june|
|July||11°C/20°C||7mm||good weather||Pretoria in july|
|August||15°C/24°C||4mm||perfect weather||Pretoria in august|
|September||19°C/28°C||18mm||perfect weather||Pretoria in september|
|October||21°C/29°C||95mm||good weather||Pretoria in october|
|November||22°C/29°C||126mm||good weather||Pretoria in november|
|December||23°C/30°C||167mm||tolerable weather||Pretoria in december|
Weather and climate in Pretoria
- In the month of january the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 30°C in average and you can expect to have 198mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From february to march the climate is beautiful. It is for example 29°C as maximum temperature in march.
- In the month of april the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 20°C.
- From may to august the climate is good. The temperature rises to 24°C and it rains about 4mm each month.
- In september the climate is perfect. It is for example 28°C as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 10% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 29°C°C and it rains about 126mm each month.
- In the month of december the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 30°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Pretoria
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Pretoria: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of South Africa
Pretoria appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.