Best time to go to Pretoria Average weather of Pretoria, South Africa
Discover the very best time to go to Pretoria in South Africa from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Pretoria?
When is the best time to go to Pretoria? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Pretoria are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, September, October, November and December
- Pretoria has dry periods in May, June, July and August
- The coldest months are June and July
- January is the rainiest month
For full information about the climate and weather in Pretoria a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Pretoria in january|
|good weather||Pretoria in february|
|good weather||Pretoria in march|
|good weather||Pretoria in april|
|perfect weather||Pretoria in may|
|good weather||Pretoria in june|
|good weather||Pretoria in july|
|perfect weather||Pretoria in august|
|perfect weather||Pretoria in september|
|good weather||Pretoria in october|
|good weather||Pretoria in november|
|good weather||Pretoria in december|
Weather and climate in Pretoria
- In the month of january the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and you can expect to have 6.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From february to march the climate is beautiful. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in march.
- In the month of april the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 67°F.
- From may to august the climate is good. The temperature rises to 74°F and it rains about 0.1in each month.
- In september the climate is perfect. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 8% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and it rains about 3.3in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 85°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Pretoria
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Pretoria: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of South Africa
Pretoria appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.