When is the best time to visit Dunedin?
What is the best time to go in Dunedin? Here is some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for a good weather in Dunedin are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are August and September
- The rainiest months are February, May and December
For complete information about climate and weather in Dunedin for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||13°C/18°C||85mm||good weather||Dunedin in january|
|February||14°C/18°C||93mm||good weather||Dunedin in february|
|March||14°C/17°C||70mm||okay weather||Dunedin in march|
|April||12°C/16°C||81mm||okay weather||Dunedin in april|
|May||11°C/14°C||97mm||okay weather||Dunedin in may|
|June||10°C/12°C||71mm||bad weather||Dunedin in june|
|July||10°C/12°C||44mm||bad weather||Dunedin in july|
|August||9°C/11°C||64mm||bad weather||Dunedin in august|
|September||9°C/12°C||54mm||bad weather||Dunedin in september|
|October||10°C/14°C||72mm||okay weather||Dunedin in october|
|November||10°C/15°C||59mm||okay weather||Dunedin in november|
|December||11°C/17°C||109mm||okay weather||Dunedin in december|
Weather and climate of Dunedin
- From january to february the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 26°C.
- From march to may the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 14°C°C and it rains about 42% of the time in may.
- From june to september the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and you can expect to have 54mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From october to december the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 11°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Dunedin
The chart below allows to simultaneously view for the city of Dunedin the following seasonal norms: the minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Dunedin appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or places of New Zealand appears on the map with a black icon. Hover them to obtain information about their climate.