Best time to go to Katherine Average weather of Katherine, Australia
Find the perfect time to visit Katherine in Australia from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to Katherine?
When is the best time to go to Katherine? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Katherine are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are September, October, November and December
- Katherine has dry periods in June, July and August
- The rainiest months are January, February and December
Annual weather in Katherine
For full information about the climate and weather in Katherine a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Katherine in january|
|February||77°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Katherine in february|
|March||76°F/92°F||good weather||Katherine in march|
|April||74°F/90°F||perfect weather||Katherine in april|
|May||68°F/86°F||perfect weather||Katherine in may|
|June||63°F/85°F||perfect weather||Katherine in june|
|July||63°F/86°F||perfect weather||Katherine in july|
|August||63°F/90°F||perfect weather||Katherine in august|
|September||70°F/97°F||perfect weather||Katherine in september|
|October||77°F/99°F||good weather||Katherine in october|
|November||81°F/101°F||good weather||Katherine in november|
|December||79°F/97°F||tolerable weather||Katherine in december|
Weather and climate in Katherine
- Between the months of january and february the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 86°F and you can expect to have 14.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From march to april the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 74°F.
- Between the months of may and august the climate is very good. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in august.
- Between september and october the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 92°F and it rains about 2.2in each month.
- Between november and december the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 97°F°C and it rains in december about 14.4in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Katherine
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Katherine: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Katherine
Find out when Katherine has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Katherine
- Very low season in Katherine
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Katherine
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, November and December.
- High season in Katherine
The number of visitors to Katherine is high in: June, September and October.
- Peak season in Katherine
The largest number of tourists visiting Katherine is during: July and August.