Best time to go to Anchorage Average weather of Anchorage, Alaska
Find the most favorable time to go to Anchorage in United States from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Anchorage?
When is the best time to go to Anchorage? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Anchorage are July and August
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are August, September and October
Annual weather in Anchorage
For full information about the climate and weather in Anchorage a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||16°F/22°F||very bad weather||Anchorage in january|
|February||18°F/25°F||very bad weather||Anchorage in february|
|March||20°F/31°F||very bad weather||Anchorage in march|
|April||31°F/41°F||very bad weather||Anchorage in april|
|May||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Anchorage in may|
|June||50°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Anchorage in june|
|July||54°F/65°F||good weather||Anchorage in july|
|August||52°F/63°F||good weather||Anchorage in august|
|September||45°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Anchorage in september|
|October||38°F/43°F||very bad weather||Anchorage in october|
|November||23°F/29°F||very bad weather||Anchorage in november|
|December||20°F/25°F||very bad weather||Anchorage in december|
Weather and climate in Anchorage
- Between january and april the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 31°F and, in april, 1 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and june the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains in june about 1.8in.
- Between the months of july and august the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 63°F°C and it rains about 4in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 56°F°C and, in september, 6 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 25°F°C and, in december, 4 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Anchorage
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Anchorage: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Anchorage
Find out when Anchorage has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Anchorage
- Very low season in Anchorage
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April and November.
- Low season in Anchorage
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, October and December.
- High season in Anchorage
The number of visitors to Anchorage is high in: June and September.
- Peek season in Anchorage
The largest number of tourists visiting Anchorage is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Anchorage month by month
Best time for low prices in Anchorage
Average prices of hotels in Anchorage month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Anchorage. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Anchorage
A return flight between London and Anchorage is generally cheaper if you go in february ($ 1028 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 408 more for your airline ticket to Anchorage if you go in july.