Best time to go to Washington D. C. Average weather of Washington D. C., United States
Get the best time to visit Washington D. C. in United States from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Washington D. C.?
When is the best time to go to Washington D. C.? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Washington D. C. are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Washington D. C. a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Washington D. C. in january|
|very bad weather||Washington D. C. in february|
|bad weather||Washington D. C. in march|
|good weather||Washington D. C. in april|
|good weather||Washington D. C. in may|
|good weather||Washington D. C. in june|
|good weather||Washington D. C. in july|
|good weather||Washington D. C. in august|
|good weather||Washington D. C. in september|
|good weather||Washington D. C. in october|
|tolerable weather||Washington D. C. in november|
|very bad weather||Washington D. C. in december|
Weather and climate in Washington D. C.
- Between the months of january and march the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in march and you can expect to have 2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and october the climate is good. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in october and it rains about 2.1in each month.
- In the month of november the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 56°F as maximum temperature in november.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 47°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 21% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Washington D. C.
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Washington D. C.: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of United States
Washington D. C. appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in the United States (USA) appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.