Best time to go to Canada for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the perfect time to go to Canada from average weather conditions in many locations like Sept-Îles or Victoria, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Canada?
When is the best time to go to Canada? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Canada, the weather is good everywhere in July and August
- The best months to go to Ottawa are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Ottawa are July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are January, April, May, June, July, August, October and December
- Niagara Falls (Ontario) is the city with the best climate, with good weather 6 months a year
- August is the best month for swimming in Halifax
Annual weather in Canada
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Canada for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-20°F to 47°F||very bad weather|
|February||-22°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|March||-18°F to 49°F||very bad weather|
|April||-4°F to 54°F||very bad weather|
|May||16°F to 65°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||32°F to 74°F||good weather*|
|July||40°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|August||36°F to 81°F||good weather*|
|September||27°F to 74°F||good weather*|
|October||13°F to 61°F||very bad weather*|
|November||-5°F to 50°F||very bad weather|
|December||-14°F to 47°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Canada by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Canada
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Canada and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Ottawa, Banff National Park, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Canada
Find out when Canada has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Canada
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Canada is high in: June, July, August and September.
- Very low season in Canada: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in Canada: April, May, October and December.
- High season in Canada: June and September.
- Peek season in Canada: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Canada month by month
Average price for flights to Canada
A return flight between London and Vancouver (British Columbia) is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 532 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 219 more for your airline ticket to Vancouver (British Columbia) if you go in august.
Where to go in Canada?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Banff National Park||20°F||18°F||25°F||31°F||43°F||54°F||61°F||61°F||50°F||34°F||23°F||16°F|
|Vancouver (British Columbia)||43°F||43°F||47°F||52°F||59°F||65°F||72°F||72°F||67°F||56°F||47°F||41°F|
|Niagara Falls (Ontario)||31°F||32°F||41°F||52°F||65°F||74°F||79°F||79°F||74°F||61°F||49°F||38°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Canada?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping