Best time to go to Louisiana for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the perfect time to go to Louisiana from seasonal averages in many locations like Monroe or Grand Isle here.
When is the best time to go to Louisiana?
When is the best time to go to Louisiana? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Louisiana, the weather is good everywhere in March, April, May, June, September, October and November
- The best months to go to New Orleans are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in New Orleans are June, July, August and September, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are July and August
- The cities with the best climate are New Orleans, New Iberia, Cameron, Grand Isle, Houma, Morgan City, Opelousas, Port Sulphur, Holly Beach and Marsh Island, with good weather at least 10 months a year
- The best months for swimming in New Orleans are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Louisiana
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Louisiana for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F to 63°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||45°F to 68°F||good weather*|
|March||52°F to 74°F||good weather|
|April||58°F to 79°F||good weather*|
|May||65°F to 86°F||good weather|
|June||72°F to 94°F||good weather|
|July||74°F to 97°F||good weather*|
|August||74°F to 97°F||tolerable weather*|
|September||68°F to 90°F||good weather|
|October||59°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|November||50°F to 72°F||good weather*|
|December||45°F to 67°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Louisiana by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Louisiana
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Louisiana and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, New Iberia, Cameron and Grand Isle, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Louisiana
Find out when Louisiana has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Louisiana
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, June, August and September. The number of visitors to Louisiana is high in: February, March, April, May, July, October, November and December.
- Very low season in Louisiana: January, June, August and September.
- High season in Louisiana: February.
- Peek season in Louisiana: March, April, May, July, October, November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Louisiana month by month
Average price for flights to Louisiana
A return flight between New York City and New Orleans is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 162 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 144 more for your airline ticket to New Orleans if you go in november.
Where to go in Louisiana?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Louisiana?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping