Best time to go to Turkmenistan for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the best time to go to Turkmenistan from average climate conditions in many locations like Balkanabat or Kushka here.
When is the best time to go to Turkmenistan?
When is the best time to go to Turkmenistan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Turkmenistan, the weather is good everywhere in April, May, June, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Ashgabat are March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Ashgabat are June, July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The cities with the best climate are Ashgabat and Türkmenabat, with good weather at least 8 months a year
Annual weather in Turkmenistan
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Turkmenistan for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||29°F to 52°F||very bad weather*|
|February||31°F to 54°F||very bad weather*|
|March||43°F to 68°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||58°F to 79°F||perfect weather*|
|May||70°F to 92°F||perfect weather|
|June||79°F to 101°F||good weather*|
|July||81°F to 104°F||good weather*|
|August||76°F to 101°F||good weather*|
|September||67°F to 92°F||perfect weather|
|October||50°F to 77°F||good weather*|
|November||38°F to 61°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||31°F to 52°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Turkmenistan by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Turkmenistan
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Turkmenistan and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Ashgabat, Krasnovodsk, Kushka, Avaza and Balkanabat.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Turkmenistan
Find out when Turkmenistan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Turkmenistan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, November and December. The number of visitors to Turkmenistan is high in: March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Turkmenistan: January and February.
- Low season in Turkmenistan: November and December.
- High season in Turkmenistan: March.
- Peek season in Turkmenistan: April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Turkmenistan month by month
Average price for flights to Turkmenistan
A return flight between London and Ashgabat is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 809 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 340 more for your airline ticket to Ashgabat if you go in august.
Where to go in Turkmenistan?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Turkmenistan?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping