Best time to go to Azerbaijan for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the best time to go to Azerbaijan from seasonal norms in many locations like Lankaran or Ganja below.
When is the best time to go to Azerbaijan?
When is the best time to go to Azerbaijan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Azerbaijan, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Baku are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Baku are June, July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- Sabirabad is the city with the best climate, with good weather 8 months a year
Annual weather in Azerbaijan
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Azerbaijan for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°F to 50°F||very bad weather*|
|February||25°F to 52°F||very bad weather*|
|March||34°F to 61°F||bad weather*|
|April||43°F to 70°F||good weather*|
|May||54°F to 85°F||perfect weather*|
|June||63°F to 95°F||perfect weather*|
|July||67°F to 99°F||perfect weather*|
|August||65°F to 97°F||perfect weather*|
|September||58°F to 86°F||perfect weather*|
|October||47°F to 74°F||good weather*|
|November||36°F to 61°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||27°F to 54°F||bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Azerbaijan by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Azerbaijan
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Azerbaijan and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Baku, Ganja, Lankaran, Imishli and Nakhchivan.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Azerbaijan
Find out when Azerbaijan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Azerbaijan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, September, October and November. The number of visitors to Azerbaijan is high in: April, May, June, July, August and December.
- Very low season in Azerbaijan: February.
- Low season in Azerbaijan: January, March, September, October and November.
- High season in Azerbaijan: April, May, July and December.
- Peak season in Azerbaijan: June and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Azerbaijan month by month
Average price for flights to Azerbaijan
A return flight between London and Baku is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 325 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 231 more for your airline ticket to Baku if you go in august.
Where to go in Azerbaijan?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Azerbaijan?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping