Best time to go to Dundee Average weather of Dundee, Scotland
Find the most favorable time to go to Dundee in Scotland from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Dundee?
When is the best time to go to Dundee? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Dundee are July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Dundee
For full information about the climate and weather in Dundee a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||36°F/41°F||very bad weather||Dundee in january|
|February||38°F/45°F||very bad weather||Dundee in february|
|March||38°F/49°F||very bad weather||Dundee in march|
|April||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Dundee in april|
|May||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Dundee in may|
|June||54°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Dundee in june|
|July||56°F/65°F||good weather||Dundee in july|
|August||54°F/65°F||good weather||Dundee in august|
|September||50°F/61°F||good weather||Dundee in september|
|October||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Dundee in october|
|November||41°F/49°F||very bad weather||Dundee in november|
|December||38°F/43°F||very bad weather||Dundee in december|
Weather and climate in Dundee
- From january to april the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 68°F and, in april, 2 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of may and september the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 10% of the time in september.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is not good. It is for example 49°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 2.8in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 43°F°C and it rains about 11% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Dundee
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Dundee: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Dundee
Find out when Dundee has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Dundee
- Very low season in Dundee
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Dundee
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, November and December.
- High season in Dundee
The number of visitors to Dundee is high in: May, June, September and October.
- Peek season in Dundee
The largest number of tourists visiting Dundee is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Dundee month by month
Best time for low prices in Dundee
Average prices of hotels in Dundee month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Dundee. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Dundee
A return flight between London and Dundee is generally cheaper if you go in october ($ 204 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 136 more for your airline ticket to Dundee if you go in march.