Best time to go to England for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the most favorable time to go to England (United Kingdom) from seasonal norms in many locations like Liverpool or Manchester, below.
When is the best time to go to England?
When is the best time to go to England? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In England, the weather is good everywhere in July and September
- The best months to go to London are May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in London are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are June and July
- The cities with the best climate are London, Southampton and Southend-on-Sea, with good weather at least 6 months a year
- The best months for swimming in London are August and September
Annual weather in England
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in England for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||36°F to 52°F||very bad weather*|
|February||36°F to 50°F||very bad weather*|
|March||38°F to 52°F||very bad weather*|
|April||40°F to 59°F||bad weather*|
|May||45°F to 65°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||50°F to 70°F||good weather*|
|July||54°F to 74°F||good weather|
|August||54°F to 74°F||good weather*|
|September||50°F to 68°F||good weather|
|October||47°F to 61°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||41°F to 58°F||bad weather|
|December||38°F to 54°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to England by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in England
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of England and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of London, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge and Canterbury, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in England
Find out when England has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in England
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April and November. The number of visitors to England is high in: May, June, July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in England: January and February.
- Low season in England: March, April and November.
- High season in England: May, June, October and December.
- Peek season in England: July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for England month by month
Average price for flights to England
A return flight between Dublin and London is generally cheaper if you go in september ($ 44 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 11 more for your airline ticket to London if you go in february.
Where to go in England?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Isle of Wight||49°F||49°F||50°F||54°F||59°F||63°F||68°F||68°F||65°F||61°F||54°F||50°F|
|Isles of Scilly||52°F||50°F||50°F||52°F||56°F||59°F||63°F||65°F||63°F||59°F||56°F||54°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in England?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping