Best time to go to Aberdeen Average weather of Aberdeen, Scotland
Get the perfect time to visit Aberdeen in Scotland from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Aberdeen?
When is the best time to go to Aberdeen? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Aberdeen are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
Annual weather in Aberdeen
For full information about the climate and weather in Aberdeen a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F/43°F||very bad weather||Aberdeen in january|
|February||40°F/43°F||very bad weather||Aberdeen in february|
|March||40°F/47°F||very bad weather||Aberdeen in march|
|April||43°F/50°F||bad weather||Aberdeen in april|
|May||47°F/54°F||bad weather||Aberdeen in may|
|June||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Aberdeen in june|
|July||56°F/63°F||good weather||Aberdeen in july|
|August||56°F/63°F||good weather||Aberdeen in august|
|September||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Aberdeen in september|
|October||49°F/54°F||bad weather||Aberdeen in october|
|November||45°F/49°F||bad weather||Aberdeen in november|
|December||41°F/45°F||very bad weather||Aberdeen in december|
Weather and climate in Aberdeen
- From january to march the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 61°F and it rains about 2.4in each month.
- Between april and may the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and it rains in may about 3in.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and you can expect to have 2.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 49°F°C and it rains about 3.4in each month.
- In december the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 56°F and it rains about 3.4in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Aberdeen
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Aberdeen: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Aberdeen
Find out when Aberdeen has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Aberdeen
- Very low season in Aberdeen
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Aberdeen
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and May.
- High season in Aberdeen
The number of visitors to Aberdeen is high in: June, October, November and December.
- Peek season in Aberdeen
The largest number of tourists visiting Aberdeen is during: July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Aberdeen month by month
Best time for low prices in Aberdeen
Average prices of hotels in Aberdeen month by month
Generally, March is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Aberdeen. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, September is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Aberdeen
A return flight between London and Aberdeen is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 150 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 84 more for your airline ticket to Aberdeen if you go in october.