Best time to go to Germany for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the perfect time to go to Germany from seasonal averages in many locations like Bavaria or Cologne, here.
When is the best time to go to Germany?
When is the best time to go to Germany? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Germany, the weather is good everywhere in June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Berlin are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Berlin are June, July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are June and July
- The cities with the best climate are Berlin, Bavaria, Bonn, Cologne, Dortmund, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich, with good weather at least 5 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Hamburg are July, August and September
Annual weather in Germany
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Germany for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||29°F to 41°F||very bad weather|
|February||29°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|March||34°F to 54°F||very bad weather|
|April||41°F to 63°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||47°F to 68°F||good weather*|
|June||54°F to 77°F||good weather|
|July||58°F to 81°F||good weather|
|August||58°F to 81°F||good weather|
|September||50°F to 74°F||good weather|
|October||43°F to 63°F||tolerable weather|
|November||36°F to 52°F||very bad weather*|
|December||32°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Germany by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Germany
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Germany and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Berlin, Bavaria, Bonn, Cologne and Dortmund, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Germany
Find out when Germany has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Germany
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March and November. The number of visitors to Germany is high in: April, May, June, July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in Germany: January, February and March.
- Low season in Germany: November.
- High season in Germany: April, May, June, October and December.
- Peek season in Germany: July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Germany month by month
Average price for flights to Germany
A return flight between London and Berlin is generally cheaper if you go in october ($ 71 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 27 more for your airline ticket to Berlin if you go in november.
Where to go in Germany?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Schwarzwald (Black Forest)||41°F||45°F||54°F||63°F||67°F||76°F||79°F||79°F||72°F||63°F||52°F||45°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Germany?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping