Best time to go to Hamburg Average weather of Hamburg, Germany
Find the best time to visit Hamburg in Germany from seasonal averages right here.
When is the best time to go to Hamburg?
When is the best time to go to Hamburg? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hamburg are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Hamburg a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Hamburg in january|
|very bad weather||Hamburg in february|
|bad weather||Hamburg in march|
|tolerable weather||Hamburg in april|
|good weather||Hamburg in may|
|good weather||Hamburg in june|
|good weather||Hamburg in july|
|good weather||Hamburg in august|
|good weather||Hamburg in september|
|tolerable weather||Hamburg in october|
|very bad weather||Hamburg in november|
|very bad weather||Hamburg in december|
Weather and climate in Hamburg
- Between january and march the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 47°F in average and it rains about 21% of the time in march.
- From april to october the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 58°F and it rains in october about 1.7in.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. It is for example 47°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 1.3in each month.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 38°F and, in december, 10 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hamburg
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hamburg: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Germany
Hamburg appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Germany appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.