Best time to go to the Netherlands (Holland) for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the very best time to visit Netherlands from seasonal averages in many locations like Groningen or Amsterdam, on this page.
When is the best time to go to the Netherlands (Holland)?
When is the best time to go to the Netherlands (Holland)? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In the Netherlands (Holland), the weather is good everywhere in June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Amsterdam are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Amsterdam are June, July and August, and the coldest month of the year is February
- The rainiest months in this city are January, July, August, October and December
- The cities with the best climate are Zeeland, Gouda, Bergen op Zoom and Goes, with good weather at least 6 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Amsterdam are August and September
Annual weather in the Netherlands (Holland)
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in the Netherlands (Holland) for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||36°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|February||36°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|March||40°F to 52°F||very bad weather*|
|April||45°F to 61°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||52°F to 65°F||good weather*|
|June||58°F to 72°F||good weather|
|July||61°F to 76°F||good weather|
|August||61°F to 76°F||good weather|
|September||54°F to 70°F||good weather|
|October||49°F to 61°F||tolerable weather|
|November||43°F to 52°F||bad weather|
|December||38°F to 49°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Netherlands by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in the Netherlands (Holland)
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Netherlands and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Amsterdam, Den Haag, Keukenhof (Stationsweg), Rotterdam and Utrecht, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in the Netherlands (Holland)
Find out when Netherlands has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in the Netherlands (Holland)
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, November and December. The number of visitors to Netherlands is high in: April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in the Netherlands (Holland): January, February and March.
- Low season in the Netherlands (Holland): November and December.
- High season in the Netherlands (Holland): April and October.
- Peek season in the Netherlands (Holland): May, June, July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Netherlands month by month
Average price for flights to the Netherlands (Holland)
A return flight between New York City and Amsterdam is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 487 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 248 more for your airline ticket to Amsterdam if you go in july.
Where to go in the Netherlands (Holland)?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Het Nationale Park De Hoge Veluwe||41°F||45°F||52°F||59°F||65°F||70°F||74°F||74°F||68°F||59°F||50°F||45°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in the Netherlands (Holland)?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping