Best time to go to Cologne Average weather of Cologne, Germany
Get the perfect time to go to Cologne in Germany from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Cologne?
When is the best time to go to Cologne? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Cologne are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August and December
Annual weather in Cologne
For full information about the climate and weather in Cologne a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||36°F/41°F||very bad weather||Cologne in january|
|February||36°F/45°F||very bad weather||Cologne in february|
|March||40°F/52°F||very bad weather||Cologne in march|
|April||47°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Cologne in april|
|May||54°F/67°F||good weather||Cologne in may|
|June||61°F/74°F||good weather||Cologne in june|
|July||65°F/77°F||good weather||Cologne in july|
|August||63°F/77°F||good weather||Cologne in august|
|September||56°F/70°F||good weather||Cologne in september|
|October||49°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Cologne in october|
|November||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Cologne in november|
|December||38°F/45°F||very bad weather||Cologne in december|
Weather and climate in Cologne
- Between january and march the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F and, in march, 4 days of rain are expected.
- From april to may the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 67°F and, in may, 6 days of rain are expected.
- Between june and september the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 70°F in average.
- In the month of october the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 61°F and you can expect to have 2.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. In average, on the morning it is 43°F.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 45°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Cologne
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Cologne: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Cologne
Find out when Cologne has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Cologne
- Very low season in Cologne
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Cologne
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March.
- High season in Cologne
The number of visitors to Cologne is high in: April, June, July, September and November.
- Peek season in Cologne
The largest number of tourists visiting Cologne is during: May, August, October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Cologne month by month
Best time for low prices in Cologne
Average prices of hotels in Cologne month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Cologne. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Cologne
A return flight between London and Cologne is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 59 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 22 more for your airline ticket to Cologne if you go in december.