When is the best time to go to Berlin?
When is the best time to go to Berlin? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Berlin are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, July, August and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Berlin a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-0°C/3°C||65mm||very bad weather||Berlin in january|
|February||-0°C/4°C||57mm||very bad weather||Berlin in february|
|March||3°C/10°C||46mm||very bad weather||Berlin in march|
|April||9°C/17°C||31mm||tolerable weather||Berlin in april|
|May||11°C/21°C||91mm||good weather||Berlin in may|
|June||12°C/24°C||68mm||good weather||Berlin in june|
|July||17°C/27°C||96mm||good weather||Berlin in july|
|August||17°C/26°C||91mm||good weather||Berlin in august|
|September||13°C/21°C||63mm||good weather||Berlin in september|
|October||8°C/15°C||51mm||tolerable weather||Berlin in october|
|November||6°C/9°C||62mm||bad weather||Berlin in november|
|December||1°C/4°C||86mm||very bad weather||Berlin in december|
Weather and climate in Berlin
- From january to march the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 10°C as maximum temperature in march and it rains about 46mm each month.
- In the month of april the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 12°C and, in april, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and september the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 21°C°C and it rains about 34% of the time in september.
- In october the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 28°C and you can expect to have 51mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In november the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 9°C°C and you can expect to have 62mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is -0°C and it rains in december about 86mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Berlin
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Berlin: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Germany
Berlin appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Germany appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.