When is the best time to go to Belgium?
When is the best time to go to Belgium? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Belgium, the weather is at least tolerable in May, June, July, August and September
- The best month to go to Brussels regarding the weather is September
- On average, the warmest months in Brussels are June, July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are January, May, July, August and December
- The cities with the best climate are Ostend, Blankenberge, Knokke-Heist, Koksijde and Middelkerke, with good weather at least 3 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Brussels are July, August and September
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Belgium for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||1°C to 6°C||91mm||very bad||Belgium in january|
|February||1°C to 6°C||70mm||very bad||Belgium in february|
|March||5°C to 9°C||64mm||very bad to bad*||Belgium in march|
|April||9°C to 13°C||56mm||bad to tolerable*||Belgium in april|
|May||12°C to 16°C||91mm||tolerable to good*||Belgium in may|
|June||15°C to 19°C||88mm||tolerable to good*||Belgium in june|
|July||18°C to 21°C||93mm||tolerable to good*||Belgium in july|
|August||17°C to 21°C||97mm||tolerable to good*||Belgium in august|
|September||14°C to 18°C||62mm||tolerable to good*||Belgium in september|
|October||10°C to 15°C||68mm||bad to tolerable*||Belgium in october|
|November||6°C to 11°C||92mm||very bad to bad*||Belgium in november|
|December||2°C to 8°C||111mm||very bad to bad*||Belgium in december|
When to go to Belgium by city
Climate and Weather in Belgium
This content will be available soon.
Temperatures and rainfall in Belgium
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Belgium and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Brussels, Antwerp, Brugge, Liege and Ostend, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities..
Where to go in Belgium?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
Map of Belgium
Click over cities for information about the weather.
What can I do in Belgium?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Belgium reliable?
Climate data for Belgium has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Belgium allows us to determine the average for each month in Brussels, Antwerp, Brugge, Liege, Ostend, Ypres, Bastogne, Charleroi, and 37 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.