Best time to go to Belgium for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the best time to go to Belgium from average weather conditions in many locations like Dinant or Bastogne, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Belgium?
When is the best time to go to Belgium? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Belgium, the weather is good everywhere in June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Brussels are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Brussels are June, July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are January, May, June, July, August and December
- The cities with the best climate are Antwerp, Brugge, De Panne, Gent, Ostend, Ypres, Nieuwpoort, Bredene-aan-Zee, De Haan and Hoeilaart, with good weather at least 6 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Brugge are August and September
Annual weather in Belgium
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Belgium for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||31°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|February||32°F to 47°F||very bad weather|
|March||36°F to 54°F||very bad weather*|
|April||41°F to 61°F||tolerable weather|
|May||49°F to 65°F||good weather*|
|June||56°F to 72°F||good weather|
|July||58°F to 76°F||good weather|
|August||56°F to 76°F||good weather|
|September||50°F to 70°F||good weather|
|October||43°F to 61°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||40°F to 52°F||bad weather*|
|December||34°F to 47°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Belgium by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Belgium
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Belgium and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Brussels, Antwerp, Bouillon, Brugge and Charleroi, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Belgium
Find out when Belgium has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Belgium
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March and November. The number of visitors to Belgium is high in: April, May, June, July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in Belgium: January and February.
- Low season in Belgium: March and November.
- High season in Belgium: April, June, October and December.
- Peek season in Belgium: May, July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Belgium month by month
Average price for flights to Belgium
A return flight between New York City and Brussels is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 517 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 277 more for your airline ticket to Brussels if you go in december.
Where to go in Belgium?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Belgium?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping