When is the best time to go to Munich?
When is the best time to go to Munich? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Munich are August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
For full information about the climate and weather in Munich a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-0°C/3°C||106mm||very bad weather||Munich in january|
|February||-0°C/4°C||76mm||very bad weather||Munich in february|
|March||3°C/10°C||86mm||very bad weather||Munich in march|
|April||7°C/16°C||81mm||tolerable weather||Munich in april|
|May||11°C/19°C||169mm||tolerable weather||Munich in may|
|June||14°C/22°C||205mm||tolerable weather||Munich in june|
|July||16°C/25°C||172mm||tolerable weather||Munich in july|
|August||17°C/25°C||138mm||good weather||Munich in august|
|September||12°C/20°C||93mm||good weather||Munich in september|
|October||7°C/14°C||88mm||tolerable weather||Munich in october|
|November||6°C/9°C||71mm||bad weather||Munich in november|
|December||2°C/5°C||110mm||very bad weather||Munich in december|
Weather and climate in Munich
- Between january and march the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 6°C and it rains in march about 86mm.
- Between the months of april and june the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 19°C and it rains about 205mm each month.
- Between the months of july and september the climate is good. It is for example 20°C as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 93mm each month.
- In the month of october the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 14°C°C and you can expect to have 88mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 5°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 110mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Munich
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Munich: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Germany
Munich appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Germany appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.