Best time to go to Brugge Average weather of Brugge, Belgium
Find the most favorable time to visit Brugge in Belgium from average weather conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Brugge?
When is the best time to go to Brugge? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Brugge are May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are January, July, August, October, November and December
- The best months for swimming are August and September
Annual weather in Brugge
For full information about the climate and weather in Brugge a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F/45°F||very bad weather||Brugge in january|
|February||40°F/45°F||very bad weather||Brugge in february|
|March||41°F/50°F||very bad weather||Brugge in march|
|April||47°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Brugge in april|
|May||52°F/61°F||good weather||Brugge in may|
|June||59°F/68°F||good weather||Brugge in june|
|July||63°F/72°F||good weather||Brugge in july|
|August||63°F/72°F||good weather||Brugge in august|
|September||58°F/68°F||good weather||Brugge in september|
|October||52°F/61°F||good weather||Brugge in october|
|November||47°F/52°F||bad weather||Brugge in november|
|December||43°F/47°F||very bad weather||Brugge in december|
Weather and climate in Brugge
- Between the months of january and february the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 45°F.
- In march the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 50°F.
- Between april and may the climate is okay. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in may and you can expect to have 3.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and july the climate is favorable. It is for example 72°F as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 4.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In august the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 70°F in average and you can expect to have 4.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of september the climate is beautiful. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in september and it rains in september about 3.1in.
- In october the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 61°F°C and it rains in october about 4.4in.
- In november the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 52°F in average and it rains about 4.4in each month.
- In december the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 47°F in average and it rains about 28% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Brugge
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Brugge: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Brugge
Find out when Brugge has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Brugge
- Very low season in Brugge
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Brugge
The months with low numbers of tourists are: November.
- High season in Brugge
The number of visitors to Brugge is high in: April, May, June, July, September, October and December.
- Peek season in Brugge
The largest number of tourists visiting Brugge is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Brugge month by month
Best time for low prices in Brugge
Average prices of hotels in Brugge month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Brugge. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.