Best time to go to Gent Average weather of Gent, Belgium
Get the best time to visit Gent in Belgium from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to Gent?
When is the best time to go to Gent? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Gent are May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August and December
Annual weather in Gent
For full information about the climate and weather in Gent a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||38°F/43°F||very bad weather||Gent in january|
|February||38°F/47°F||very bad weather||Gent in february|
|March||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Gent in march|
|April||47°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Gent in april|
|May||52°F/65°F||good weather||Gent in may|
|June||59°F/72°F||good weather||Gent in june|
|July||63°F/74°F||good weather||Gent in july|
|August||61°F/76°F||good weather||Gent in august|
|September||56°F/70°F||good weather||Gent in september|
|October||50°F/61°F||good weather||Gent in october|
|November||45°F/52°F||bad weather||Gent in november|
|December||41°F/47°F||very bad weather||Gent in december|
Weather and climate in Gent
- Between the months of january and march the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and you can expect to have 2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of april the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 47°F and it rains about 1.6in each month.
- In the month of may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and it rains about 16% of the time in may.
- Between june and august the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 61°F and it rains about 14% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is beautiful. It is for example 70°F as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 8% of the time in september.
- In october the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 56°F and it rains about 9% of the time in october.
- In november the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 67°F and it rains in november about 2.2in.
- In the month of december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 59°F and it rains about 2.8in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Gent
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Gent: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Gent
Find out when Gent has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Gent
- Very low season in Gent
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Gent
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and November.
- High season in Gent
The number of visitors to Gent is high in: May, June, September, October and December.
- Peek season in Gent
The largest number of tourists visiting Gent is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Gent month by month
Best time for low prices in Gent
Average prices of hotels in Gent month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Gent. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.