Best time to go to Rotterdam Average weather of Rotterdam, Netherlands
Find the best time to visit Rotterdam in Netherlands from average weather conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Rotterdam?
When is the best time to go to Rotterdam? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Rotterdam are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are August and October
- The best months for swimming are August and September
Annual weather in Rotterdam
For full information about the climate and weather in Rotterdam a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F/45°F||very bad weather||Rotterdam in january|
|February||40°F/45°F||very bad weather||Rotterdam in february|
|March||43°F/49°F||bad weather||Rotterdam in march|
|April||49°F/54°F||bad weather||Rotterdam in april|
|May||54°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Rotterdam in may|
|June||59°F/65°F||good weather||Rotterdam in june|
|July||63°F/68°F||good weather||Rotterdam in july|
|August||65°F/70°F||good weather||Rotterdam in august|
|September||61°F/67°F||good weather||Rotterdam in september|
|October||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Rotterdam in october|
|November||49°F/52°F||bad weather||Rotterdam in november|
|December||45°F/49°F||bad weather||Rotterdam in december|
Weather and climate in Rotterdam
- Between january and february the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 43°F in average and, in february, 4 days of rain are expected.
- From march to april the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and, in april, 2 days of rain are expected.
- In may the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 59°F°C and you can expect to have 2.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 65°F in average and it rains about 3.7in each month.
- In october the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 56°F and it rains in october about 4.2in.
- In november the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 63°F and it rains in november about 3.7in.
- In december the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 49°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 3.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Rotterdam
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Rotterdam: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Rotterdam
Find out when Rotterdam has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Rotterdam
- Very low season in Rotterdam
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Rotterdam
The months with low numbers of tourists are: December.
- High season in Rotterdam
The number of visitors to Rotterdam is high in: June, September, October and November.
- Peek season in Rotterdam
The largest number of tourists visiting Rotterdam is during: April, May, July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Rotterdam month by month
Best time for low prices in Rotterdam
Average prices of hotels in Rotterdam month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Rotterdam. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, May is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Rotterdam
A return flight between London and Rotterdam is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 164 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 109 more for your airline ticket to Rotterdam if you go in march.