When is the best time to go to Hiroshima?
When is the best time to go to Hiroshima? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hiroshima are April, May, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June and July
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Hiroshima a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||4°C/8°C||87mm||very bad weather||Hiroshima in january|
|February||5°C/10°C||110mm||very bad weather||Hiroshima in february|
|March||8°C/14°C||147mm||tolerable weather||Hiroshima in march|
|April||9°C/19°C||153mm||good weather||Hiroshima in april|
|May||14°C/24°C||163mm||good weather||Hiroshima in may|
|June||18°C/27°C||279mm||tolerable weather||Hiroshima in june|
|July||22°C/31°C||287mm||tolerable weather||Hiroshima in july|
|August||22°C/33°C||176mm||tolerable weather||Hiroshima in august|
|September||20°C/29°C||219mm||good weather||Hiroshima in september|
|October||18°C/24°C||149mm||good weather||Hiroshima in october|
|November||12°C/17°C||118mm||tolerable weather||Hiroshima in november|
|December||6°C/10°C||109mm||bad weather||Hiroshima in december|
Weather and climate in Hiroshima
- Between january and february the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 21°C.
- In march the climate is bad. It is for example 14°C as maximum temperature in march and it rains about 147mm each month.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is favorable. It is for example 24°C as maximum temperature in may and you can expect to have 163mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 32°C in average and it rains about 57% of the time in august.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 24°C.
- In the month of november the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 9°C and you can expect to have 118mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 10°C in average and it rains about 109mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Hiroshima
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Hiroshima: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Japan
Hiroshima appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.