Best time to go to Okayama Average weather of Okayama, Japan
Get the very best time to visit Okayama in Japan from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Okayama?
When is the best time to go to Okayama? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Okayama are April, May, June, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Okayama
For full information about the climate and weather in Okayama a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F/49°F||very bad weather||Okayama in january|
|February||41°F/50°F||very bad weather||Okayama in february|
|March||45°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Okayama in march|
|April||52°F/65°F||good weather||Okayama in april|
|May||61°F/74°F||good weather||Okayama in may|
|June||68°F/79°F||good weather||Okayama in june|
|July||76°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Okayama in july|
|August||79°F/90°F||good weather||Okayama in august|
|September||72°F/83°F||good weather||Okayama in september|
|October||63°F/74°F||good weather||Okayama in october|
|November||54°F/63°F||good weather||Okayama in november|
|December||45°F/52°F||bad weather||Okayama in december|
Weather and climate in Okayama
- Between the months of january and february the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 47°F and it rains about 2.6in each month.
- In the month of march the climate is correct. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in march and, in march, 5 days of rain are expected.
- From april to july the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 101°F and it rains about 36% of the time in july.
- In august the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F.
- From september to november the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 76°F and it rains about 11% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 52°F and you can expect to have 2.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Okayama
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Okayama: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Okayama
Find out when Okayama has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Okayama
- Very low season in Okayama
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Okayama
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and June.
- High season in Okayama
The number of visitors to Okayama is high in: April, May, July, September, October, November and December.
- Peak season in Okayama
The largest number of tourists visiting Okayama is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Okayama month by month
Best time for low prices in Okayama
Average prices of hotels in Okayama month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Okayama. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Okayama
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Okayama. This price varies by $ 1.2 depending on the month. In march, hiring a car costs an average of $ 15 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 16.