Best time to go to Osaka Average weather of Osaka, Japan
Discover the perfect time to visit Osaka in Japan from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Osaka?
When is the best time to go to Osaka? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Osaka are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June and July
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
Annual weather in Osaka
For full information about the climate and weather in Osaka a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F/49°F||very bad weather||Osaka in january|
|February||40°F/50°F||very bad weather||Osaka in february|
|March||45°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Osaka in march|
|April||52°F/67°F||good weather||Osaka in april|
|May||63°F/77°F||good weather||Osaka in may|
|June||70°F/83°F||good weather||Osaka in june|
|July||77°F/88°F||good weather||Osaka in july|
|August||79°F/92°F||good weather||Osaka in august|
|September||72°F/85°F||good weather||Osaka in september|
|October||63°F/76°F||good weather||Osaka in october|
|November||54°F/65°F||good weather||Osaka in november|
|December||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Osaka in december|
Weather and climate in Osaka
- In the month of january the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 47°F in average and it rains about 13% of the time in january.
- In the month of february the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 50°F and it rains in february about 2.5in.
- In the month of march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in march and, in march, 5 days of rain are expected.
- Between april and july the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and it rains in july about 7in.
- In the month of august the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 92°F°C and it rains about 22% of the time in august.
- Between september and october the climate is good. The temperature rises to 76°F and it rains about 4.4in each month.
- In the month of november the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 65°F and it rains about 2.8in each month.
- In december the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 76°F and it rains in december about 2.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Osaka
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Osaka: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Osaka
Find out when Osaka has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Osaka
- Very low season in Osaka
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Osaka
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and June.
- High season in Osaka
The number of visitors to Osaka is high in: April, May and September.
- Peek season in Osaka
The largest number of tourists visiting Osaka is during: July, August, October, November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Osaka month by month
Best time for low prices in Osaka
Average prices of hotels in Osaka month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Osaka. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Osaka
A return flight between London and Osaka is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 835 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 419 more for your airline ticket to Osaka if you go in august.