Best time to go to Tajikistan for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the most favorable time to visit Tajikistan from seasonal norms in many locations like Murghab or Istaravchan, below.
When is the best time to go to Tajikistan?
When is the best time to go to Tajikistan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In July, the weather is beautiful everywhere in Tajikistan
- The best months to go to Dushanbe are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Dushanbe are June, July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are February, March, April and May
- The cities with the best climate are Dushanbe, Istaravchan, Khodjent and Kulob, with good weather at least 7 months a year
Annual weather in Tajikistan
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Tajikistan for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-22°F to 47°F||very bad weather|
|February||-14°F to 50°F||very bad weather|
|March||5°F to 63°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||22°F to 74°F||good weather*|
|May||34°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|June||43°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|July||50°F to 99°F||good weather*|
|August||49°F to 97°F||perfect weather*|
|September||41°F to 90°F||perfect weather*|
|October||25°F to 76°F||good weather*|
|November||-0°F to 59°F||very bad weather*|
|December||-16°F to 49°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Tajikistan by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Tajikistan
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Tajikistan and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Dushanbe, Istaravchan, Khodjent, Khorog and Kulob.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tajikistan
Find out when Tajikistan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tajikistan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, November and December. The number of visitors to Tajikistan is high in: April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Tajikistan: January, November and December.
- Low season in Tajikistan: February and March.
- High season in Tajikistan: April, May, September and October.
- Peek season in Tajikistan: June, July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Tajikistan month by month
Average price for flights to Tajikistan
A return flight between London and Dushanbe is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 842 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 389 more for your airline ticket to Dushanbe if you go in august.
Where to go in Tajikistan?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Tajikistan?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping