Best time to go to Trincomalee Average weather of Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
Discover the perfect time to go to Trincomalee in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages on this page.
When is the best time to go to Trincomalee?
When is the best time to go to Trincomalee? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Trincomalee are January, February, March, May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are October, November and December
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Trincomalee
For full information about the climate and weather in Trincomalee a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/85°F||good weather||Trincomalee in january|
|February||77°F/88°F||good weather||Trincomalee in february|
|March||81°F/94°F||good weather||Trincomalee in march|
|April||83°F/95°F||tolerable weather||Trincomalee in april|
|May||85°F/94°F||good weather||Trincomalee in may|
|June||85°F/94°F||good weather||Trincomalee in june|
|July||83°F/94°F||good weather||Trincomalee in july|
|August||83°F/94°F||good weather||Trincomalee in august|
|September||83°F/94°F||good weather||Trincomalee in september|
|October||81°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Trincomalee in october|
|November||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Trincomalee in november|
|December||77°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Trincomalee in december|
Weather and climate in Trincomalee
- From january to march the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 94°F°C.
- In the month of april the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and it rains about 8.2in each month.
- From may to october the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and it rains in october about 12in.
- Between november and december the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 40% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Trincomalee
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Trincomalee: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Trincomalee
Find out when Trincomalee has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Trincomalee
- Very low season in Trincomalee
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February, March, April, May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Trincomalee
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, September and December.
- Peek season in Trincomalee
The largest number of tourists visiting Trincomalee is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Trincomalee month by month
Best time for low prices in Trincomalee
Average prices of hotels in Trincomalee month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Trincomalee. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.